Adoption of battery technology can’t happen fast enough. Batteries need to perform better, cost less, and leave less of an environmental footprint.
NOVONIX is a battery materials and technology company, enabling an electrified future for electric vehicles and grid energy storage. We bring better battery technology to market rapidly by leveraging our advanced R&D capabilities, proprietary technology, and strategic relationships.
Rapid Battery Development Solutions
- NOVONIX manufactures Ultra high-precision coulometry (UHPC) cyclers.
- NOVONIX provides the most accurate and precise battery testing services and equipment in the world, delivering results rapidly in a matter of weeks.
- Our battery solutions include:
- Performance testing;
- Prototyping, development, and demonstration services; and
- Equipment sales.
- NOVONIX is the first contracted supplier of USA-made, high-capacity, long-life synthetic anode material, with a sales agreement with Samsung SDI, and an MOU agreement with SANYO.
- Our anode material has achieved ‘multi-million-mile’ performance, as well as superior coulombic efficiency and cycle life compared to industry leading materials.
- NOVONIX’s process is the green choice with less energy requirements and less emissions than alternatives.
Battery Technology IP Pipeline
- NOVONIX is engaged in manufacturing and R&D partnerships, pioneering new materials, processes, and equipment. Current partners include Dalhousie University, Harper International and Samsung SDI.
- We have developed a proprietary manufacturing process to eliminate waste and significantly lower the cost of cathode production.
- NOVONIX has filed patent applications for materials and processes in advanced anodes, cathodes and electrolytes.
Completion of ASX equity raise of A$115m with an additional A$16.45m placement from directors at A$2.90/share
Successful equity raise on the ASX of approximately A$132m to support the capital required to support growth of NOVONIX Anode Materials to 10,000 tonnes of production capacity, continued R&D for Cathode Materials, and global growth initiatives Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2021-02-25/nvx-au-successful-completion-of-institutional-placement-offer
NOVONIX is pleased to announce that it will extend its sponsorship of Prof. Mark Obrovac’s lab at Dalhousie University through a new research agreement under the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada’s Alliance Grants Program. Link: https://thedriven.io/2021/02/15/ev-battery-material-firm-novonix-strengthen-ties-with-dalhousie-university/
The Driven reports on noted North American researcher Prof. Jeff Dahn joining NOVONIX as Chief Scientific Advisor, effective July 1, 2021. For more information, click here: https://thedriven.io/2021/01/19/battery-scientist-jeff-dahn-extends-tesla-contract-forges-new-role-with-novonix/
Quoted in The Market Herald, Dr. Burns says ‘This award demonstrates the commitment by the government to support the establishment of a domestic supply of high-performance battery materials. It also highlights the expertise, progress, partners and technology we have assembled at PUREgraphite. Click here for more information
NOVONIX Announces Strategic Alliance with Harper International on Specialized Furnace Technology – December 2020
‘NOVONIX’s CEO, Dr. Chris Burns, said ‘Harper’s track record and experience made them the ideal company to work with on innovative thermal processing systems. NOVONIX’s unique thermal processing technology is central to our ability to produce high performance materials at globally competitive costs. This combination of technologies, experience and capabilities creates a powerful alliance to…
Burns says the group is commercializing their synthetic graphite product, and is under contract to be supplied to Samsung. Burns says the group is looking forward to supporting the ‘huge’ expected growth of electric vehicle and energy storage space