Chairman and Non-Executive Director
- Based in North America, Admiral Natter retired from active military service in 2003 and has since served on a number of U.S. Boards and Advisory panels in corporate and government
- During his prominent 41 year Navy career, starting at age 17, Admiral Natter went on to serve as the Commander in Chief of the U.S. Atlantic Fleet and as the First Commander of U.S. Fleet Forces Command, overseeing all Continental U.S. Navy bases, facilities and training operations. He was also Commander of the U.S. Seventh Fleet, encompassing Asia and the Indian Ocean operating areas
- Admiral Natter is President of R.J. Natter & Associates, LLC, a nationwide U.S. consulting and advocacy firm specializing in corporate and defense strategy.
- In addition to NOVONIX, Admiral Natter serves as Director of Allied Universal Security, a privately held security company with over 800,000 employees world-wide; and Intellisense, a California based technology company. His Board work also included Chairman of G4S Inc and non-executive Directorships at BAE Systems Inc and Corporate Travel Management, a Brisbane-based (ASX) international travel company
- Admiral Natter was also Chairman of the U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association Board, representing over 60,000 graduates. He continues to serve on the Naval Academy Foundation’s Board
- A graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, Natter was named a distinguished graduate in 2019. He also was the fifth recipient of the Naval War College’s Distinguished Graduate Leadership Award. In addition to his Naval Academy Degree, Natter also has Masters Degrees in both Business Management and International Relations
- His military awards include the Silver Star Medal, three Navy Distinguished Service Medals, Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit (five awards), Bronze Star with Combat V, Purple Heart, Navy Commendation Medal with Combat V, and Navy Achievement Medal with Combat V. Other honors include the 1998 Order of the Rising Sun from the Emperor of Japan and the 1998 Order of National Security Medal from the Republic of Korea, bestowed for his service as Commander of the US Seventh Fleet
- Admiral Natter is also on the Regents of the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies in Washington, D.C.